It’s still a number of weeks away in RL from the release of the third film in the Twilight series, Eclipse, but the publicity machine is starting to rev up. After seeing a couple of news stories on the topic yesterday, I decided to do a search on XStreetSL.com and find the silliest (IMO) Twilight-related items currently on sale. I’m not linking them, but if you really want to find these items, do a search on Twilight on the XStreetSL web site.
10. Twilight Inspired Alice Cullen Avatar in beautiful Wedding Gown – I actually had mixed feelings about putting this item in the list, but I got over them. Alice Cullen is my favorite character in the series (I love her sense of style), but the idea of someone reliving her many weddings to Jasper over, and over, and over again in SL, was just too funny IMO to keep off the list.
9. Bathroom Pack for the Swan House – well, the Cullen House has bathroom(s), but it’s not like they need them, unless newbies need to change their contact lenses, or visiting werewolves are too wimpy to bathe in the creek this time of year.
8. Twilight Open Book – because, how can you live without an empty unreadable copy of the book in SL?
7. Twilight Series- All 4 Books – why only have one empty unreadable copy of the book when you can have all four, for only $400L
6. Twilight Jewelry Set – someone pasted the graphic from the cover of the first book onto some small square prims, added a string for the necklace, and sells it as a jewelry set for $175L. Almost as pointless as the fake books
5. Twilight Book (worn on Mouth) – am I missing something here?
4. Twilight Book cover lower back tattoo – good thing tats in SL aren’t permanent
3. Sexy Vampire inspired Twilight outfit.Complete with grey tail.. with chat and wag.. Grey Neko paw boots that leave a trail of mice behind as you. – there’s so much wrong with this that I don’t even know where to start…does this person know anything about Twilight, really?
2. Edward Cullen Wrist Band – a blatant commercial attempt in SL to cash in on the popularity of the movie, based on a blatant commercial attempt in RL to cash in on the popularity of the movie
And the winner is…
1. Twilight Themed Mrs. Jacob Black Underpants – oh, I get it, it’s 8 to 10 years in the future, and your name is Nessie. You wish.. This one’s as creepy as that whole bonding thing.